Sunday, September 13, 2015

Erica's Review: Voyage on the Great Titanic: The Diary of Margaret Ann Brady, R.M.S. Titanic, 1912 by Ellen Emerson White





Paperback
Published 2001 by Scholastic/Ted Smart 5 






Monday, 15 April 1912
It was after midnight, I could still hear people moving about in the passageway. Before I had time to go out and join them, there was a sharp knock on my door. I opened it to see Robert. He was smiling, but his eyes looked urgent.

"Good evening, Miss Brady," he said "Need to put on something warm, and report to the Boat Deck with your life belt."

Miss Brady? When I heard that, I felt alarmed for the first time, but I was also startled....

"A routine drill," he said. "No need to fret."

I knew he needed to get on with his duties, so I found a smile for him and nodded.... Robert started for the next stateroom, but then stopped. "You'll not want to take your time," he said in a very quiet voice.

It did not seem possible--but maybe this was not a drill




Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/1VVbqkD



This book was a little sad all the way through the book but if you take out the sad it was very good. The girl in this book was an orphan and her brother was in the U.S so she went with a rich person to the states. When the boat hit the iceberg she and the person she was with were one of the few survivors . When she got off of the rescue ship her brother was not there so she went to sleep on a park bench and soon her brother woke her up and they went to where her brother was staying.








No comments:

Post a Comment