Sunday, June 22, 2014

Review: Never Let Go by Nicola Haken

18219267
ebook, 296 pages
Published March 7th 2014

In the final book of the Take My Hand Series, Emily and Dexter are finally on course to a happy future. Arriving back in the UK with Aunt Sarah in tow, everything seems to be slotting into place. For the first time in his life, Dexter has found his purpose. Surrounded by family, friends and the woman he adores, he has at long last made peace with his demons and is determined to fight for the life he now knows he deserves.

With best friend Rachel back by her side and a resolve to work things out with her parents once and for all, Emily’s life is also on the right track. Or so she thinks…

When a tragic revelation threatens to destroy Emily’s world, it sends her spiraling down a path leading to more secrets, lies and heartache – leaving her questioning her whole life and everyone in it. To top it off, Emily almost lost one of the most important men in her life once before, is it about to happen again?


“This is it, doll. Our future. I need you to hold on to it and never let go.”




(Not suitable for under 18’s due to adult language and sexual content)




This is my 5 star review for Never Let Go by Nicola Haken for Eskimo Princess Book Reviews.
Never Let Go is the fourth book in the Take My Hand Series. Dexter and Emily are starting their new life together in the UK. Dex is doing so well, he has a fresh start and he isn’t going to let his past mistakes get him down. He is strong and determined to be there for Emily no matter what. Will he be able to keep it together when the unthinkable happens? Will stress and heartache lead him down a dark path again?
Emily is hopeful. She is trying her best to do everything she can to make sure her life with Dex is as stress free as possible. When she gets unsettling news she can’t help but wonder what it will mean for her future. Will her world come crashing down? Will she be able to handle losing someone she loves so much?
Never Let Go picks up where Hold on Tight leaves us wanting more. I don’t like to give anything away but I will say that it starts off with a bang. I can only remember a handful of books that have left me feeling like Never Let Go did. There were points in this book that I laughed until I couldn’t see straight but then there were times where I couldn’t read through my tears. Talking about an ugly cry, well this book sure did make me have a BIG ugly cry. Nicola does such a wonderful job of drawing you into the story and making you feel exactly what the characters are feeling. I read page after page late into the night because I didn’t want to put it down. Then my heart hurt to see the words, The End, written across the screen.
I must say that the Take My Hand series only got better and better with each book. I highly recommend this series to anyone who loves a good romance that isn’t all butterflies and roses. This author tackles so many series issues in this series and to me she nailed them all. I have been come a true Nicola Haken Fan! 



Nicola lives in Rochdale, England with her husband and four children (six if you include the dogs!) She is the author of New Adult/Contemporary romance novels Inevitable, Saving Amy and the Take My Hand series. When she is not busy playing with her imaginary book friends (or talking about them with real life friends!) she can usually be found carrying out her ordinary mum/housewife/all round slave duties. Oh, and if the kids ever ask, she moonlights as the Pink Power Ranger while they’re sleeping…
 

Social Media Links:





No comments:

Post a Comment