Monday, April 14, 2014

Review: Craving Redemption (The Aces #2) by Nicole Jacquelyn


18596498
Published February 21st 2014
426 pages


Asa and Callie had nothing in common. He was an Ace, raised in the club and loyal to it above all else. She was a high school student with braces on her teeth and a narrow view of the world.

They should have never crossed paths.

But when Callie decides to defy her parents, and Asa goes on an errand for the club, their lives collide. He saves her, and she mesmerizes him.

They part believing they’ll never see each other again.
Neither could have predicted the chain of events they’d put in motion.

Now the two have to navigate the dark waters of a relationship built on tragedy and need without drowning in guilt for things outside their control.

How do you love someone when the worst decision of your life was the reason you met them





Craving Redemption is the next book of The Aces series. It is so much more than a biker novel. I don’t even know if I can find the appropriate words. Calliope, aka Callie, is a young, sixteen year old girl who is determined to rebel against her parents. When she decides to go against her parents’ wishes and go to a party that she knows she has no business being at she don’t realize how that one decision will change the course of her life. Asa, aka Grease, is a patched member of the Aces MC, he is a young, hot sexy biker with his whole life ahead of him. He doesn’t know that one mission will lead him to a young girl that will forever change his life. What will happen when Grease saves Callie from a party that neither one of them should have been at? Will Callie be able to forget about the sexy bearded biker named Asa that changes her whole world in the course of a few hours? When tragedy strikes will Asa be able to save Callie from the evil that haunts her?

OH MY! If I could give this novel more than 5 stars I would. It is over 400 pages of pure perfection. I loved it, and I devoured it from start to finish in a matter of hours because I pretty much had my eyes glue to my kindle, flipping page after page. You get raw, gritty emotions that will bring you to the top of a mountain and drop you off the highest cliff only to save you before you hit the ground. The writing was flawless, wow, just wow. When I set off to read this one I knew that Craving Constellations was awesome, but I was in no way prepared for how Craving Redemption would hit me with such force. Why I didn’t read this one on release day, I have no idea. I will not make that mistake with Cody’s story.

I really do not want to give too much away with this one. It is one that you are going to have to read yourself to truly appreciate what a jewel you have living in your ereader’s kingdom. Grease is such a badass biker in one sense yet such a kind, gentle, soul in another. He surprised me more than once over the course of this book. He will definitely go onto my list of all-time top book boyfriends. Callie, well she grew so much over the course of the book. There were times that she pissed me off so bad, but after all she went through I couldn’t stay mad at her. She was young, and really didn’t know how one decision would both wreck and then rebuild her whole life.

I look forward to reading more from this author. I can’t wait for Casper!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment