Sunday, March 23, 2014

Review: Breaking Through the Waves by E.L. Todd

20552833
300 pages
Published February 1st 2013 by Fallen Publishing 
 


Sydney and Coen are ready to take the next step of their relationship. She knows she has to reveal her heartbreaking past to him. While some of it has been revealed, there is still more to the story. Will he stand by her side and help her through the ordeal, or will he turn his back, leaving her to deal with her issues?



I received Connected by the Sea as an ARC from the author. Breaking Through the Waves was the second half of my copy of Connected By the Sea. Here is my review...

I received Connected by the Sea as an ARC for my honest review.

This novel follows the sweet love story of Sydney and Coen. Sydney, a college Junior, inspires to become a marine biologist. Sydney is a beautiful young woman, but she doesn’t see herself the way others see her. She has a rough past that she refuses to tell anyone about. She has two friends, Henry and Nancy. Everyone else she pretty much stays away from.
Coen is also a college Junior who is studying marine biology. He has those around him thinking he is a “pig”, but is that really him? He is a personal trainer with multiple black belts. When he fails an important test he is forced by his father to take on a tutor. That tutor turns out to be Sydney.
Sydney and Coen are instantly physically attracted to one another. Coen thinks Henry is Sydney’s boyfriend and Sydney thinks Coen has a girlfriend. Are they each wrong about the other? Can they overlook the attraction and just be study buddies? When they figure out each other is single can they agree to be together? Will Sydney allow herself to open up to someone she just met? Can Coen agree to be Sydney’s “secret”?
I really loved this story. I thought it was well told. I really felt for both Sydney and Coen. Sydney always wanted to put other people’s feelings before her own. Coen only wanted Sydney to be happy. Coen was so sweet; he made me smile, a lot. The sex scenes were so hot at times I thought my kindle was going to burst into flames, especially when the author is describing Coen and his hmm….”assets”. I loved how protective Coen was of Sydney. He always put her first.
I really felt for Henry. He too stole a small piece of my heart. There were times I wished I could reach through my kindle and give him a hug. He really was a great friend, an overall great guy actually.
There were some small spelling issues but nothing bad enough to take away from the writing or the story. It was something I could overlook because the story was just that good.
I look forward to other books by E. L. Todd. I have become a fan! I highly recommend this book to family and friends. I also recommend this book to romance lovers like me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment