Saturday, March 15, 2014

Angela's Reviews of Willing Captive & Raw by Belle Auora

Willing Captive


Kindle Edition, 287 pages
Published September 26th 2013



(Author note: This is NOT a dark romance.)

Delilah “Lily” Flynn is used to her drab existence. Lily’s been living it for twenty two years.
Her boring life is suddenly turned on its head when she’s rudely kidnapped from her bedroom.
Or so she thinks.

Nox Taylor is far too high up in his field to be assigned a babysitting job.
There’s nothing more he wants than to complete his mission so he can be rid of the smartass tomboy, Lily.

Day after day, Nox watches Lily and her strange ways. She’s unlike any woman he’s ever met.
Getting close to the girl is purely for her own protection…right?

Lily never imagined she’d make her first real friends in captivity.
What lengths would she go through to keep them?

**This is a stand alone novel and is unrelated to Friend-Zoned**

Willing Captive is about Delilah “Lily” Flynn, a 22 year old daddy’s girl who has always been overprotected and sheltered from the outside world. She spends most of her time alone in her room with a fictional book boyfriend. 28 year old Nox, is hired to protect Lily’s life when threats are made against her to her father. Nox is the man in charge, he doesn’t take anyone’s shit, and that includes Lily. Lily is a strong, funny, and feisty. She doesn’t make thing easy on Nox. Nox is handsome, smart, and very good at his job. He keeps things running smoothly and always, always puts Lily’s safety first. Will Lily outsmart Nox and get away? Will she be able to deal with the threats against her? Will Nox break down his barriers and let Lily in? How will Lily and Nox deal with the future?

The secondary characters are awesome. Rock and Boo add so much humor to the story. They sure are good at their jobs, but not so much that they lose sight of who they are as people. I would love to read more about their story. The plot was flawless, the emotions were spot on, and I loved every second I spent reading this. My heart was in my throat more than once. The book had just the right amount of sexiness. The epilogue was so sweet, especially the last couple of pages. The only negative I could find was “the end”, just because I wasn’t ready to say goodbye yet. Please don’t let the title scare you into thinking that this is a dark romance, because like the author states in her blurb, it is not. Actually it is far from a dark romance. It is full of action, romance, and humor. I would recommend this book to everyone! It is a must read, so what are you waiting for…..go….run….get reading!!!

Thank you so much Belle for allowing me to read and review your books. You have me as a fan for life! I can't wait to move on to RAW!!

 Raw


18468559

ebook, Nook, 333 pages
Published January 2nd 2014 


***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.***

Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am.

Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street.

Best decision I ever made.

Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job.

My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved.

But the saying is true.

The world makes way for those who know where they are going.

That’s me.

I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace.

But then there’s him.
I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me.

He makes me feel.

It’s unconventional.

But it’s real.

I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker.

So am I.

This isn’t a story.

This is my life.
 

WOW! RAW by Belle Aurora certainly held up to its title. Alexa Ballentine is a 26 year old social worker for teenagers who are working their way through the system. She has a caring heart and has always found the need to help others, even as a small child. She had a rough childhood but she never let it change her heart. She followed her foster mom from the US to Sydney Australia and never looked back. Now she is 26 and has had a stalker for over a year. Will she ever figure out what he wants? Will he ever show her the man behind the hood?

Twitch is a powerful man; he is raw, gritty, and cold. He doesn’t take shit from anyone. He has fought long and hard for what he has in life and he has no plans of changing, not for anyone. He has all the money he could want, and he is the most feared man around. He always gets what he wants, and what he wants is to hurt Alexa. Will he be able to fall through with his plan of punishment? Will he find himself changing for the woman he has tried to find most of his adult life?

Belle Aurora, you fractured my heart with this one. I loved it. It was the perfect balance of dark and light. The plot was unusual and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I refused to put this book down for anything. Once I started, I didn’t want to stop. The sex was Hot, Hot, and Hotter. Twitch, well he has been on my mind ever since I finished this book. I definitely have a bad case of book hang over. Do I think the things that Twitch done to Alexa in this book is okay? No! However it totally worked for the book and I have read much much worse. Do I believe Twitch was all bad? HELL NO! I believe deep down he was not the monster he made himself out to be. Will I be reading more from this Author? Hell Yes!! Bring it on! I recommend the book to anyone who likes Dark Romance, and has a soft spot for a broken bad boy cover in tats. I can only urge you to read the book for yourself. No review you could read would do this one justice because in order to understand my thoughts, you have to read it for yourself. Belle, Can I have more Twitch Please?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment