Thursday, May 16, 2013

Review: Forever My Lady by Jeff Rivera



Amazon
(The covers are different on Goodreads and Amazon. This cover is from Goodreads.)

Book Description:

A Contemporary Romance | New Adult | Award-Winning Book

#4 Bestselling Book on Amazon
#1 Bestselling Teen Romance
#1 Bestselling Contemporary Romance
over 30,000 eBooks downloaded in 3 Days!


Dio Rodriguez grew up on the streets and knew all too well the hard, cool feeling of the barrel of a gun tucked down the back of his jeans. But his hard exterior softened when he met Jennifer. Jennifer understands Dio like no one else and makes him want to be a better man. Suddenly a drive-by shooting lands Dio in a prison boot camp and sends Jennifer to the hospital. When Dio learns that Jennifer is pregnant, he realizes that he must find a way to turn his life around and return to his lady. But can trainee Rodriguez get his act together among the hardcases in prison? And will Jennifer be waiting for him if and when he does?
(From Amazon)


My Review:

I thought that this was a descent love story but could use some work on the storyline.
First, the beginning of the book is actually the end of the book. I would rather have had all the back story first then the ending. But instead we got the ending twice.
And I loved the love letters between Dio and Jennifer while he was in boot camp, but I didn't understand half of them because they were in Spanish. Not that its a bad thing, but for someone who doesn't understand the language you kinda loose the feelings.
And I would've liked to have a bit more information on Dio's mom and brother once he gets out of boot camp. More on how Dio and his mom resolved their issues.
I did have times where I just wasn't interested in reading anymore, and I did want to quit reading a few times but I kept going. 
( I was given this book by the author for an honest review)

I was very surprised by alot of the reviews I saw on Amazon.  But I get it, most reviews that show up on there are the good reviews.  But on Goodreads.com you will see some more honest reviews.  And some more like mine that show the reader wasn't impressed much by the story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment